- Toyna Chin, San Francisco, CA
Internet Marketing Strategies and Drupal Tips
Also in July, pnwdrupalsummit.org redesign project was launched. Katy coordinated the website design committee and Alex Ventpap did a great job on the graphics design. Katy also built the Drupal 6 theme for the site. The conference is being held in Vancouver, Canada, on October 2-3, 2010. For more project details, see PNWdrupalsummit.org Project.
We launched a new website this week, www.fortlangley.com. It features a searchable online business directory with over 100 businesses. The home page features a beautiful photo slideshow and lots of good information on Day Trips, Festivals and more. Custom photography for the slideshow and photo gallery by Katy of Seascapewebdesign.com.
More info on Fortlangley.com Project
1. Primo PDF – This is a free tool that enables you to convert your Word documents and Photoshop designs to PDF format. It comes with a plugin that works like a printer. You choose it from your printer menu. Works great! I use it all the time to send design mockups and documents to my clients. www.primopdf.com
The site owner first contacted me to ask me to fix his website. Since his web host company no longer supports PHP 4, his site broke down and he was not able to upload images to the website. Here's the advice I gave him.
This is good advice for anyone running a Drupal 4 website. Most web hosts have upgraded to PHP version 5 and no longer support PHP 4 which is used on most Drupal 4.x websites.
Unfortunately, your current website cannot be fixed. You will need to upgrade to Drupal 6 to have a stable working website. You have plans to expand and improve your site, now is a good time to do that. We can update your design, add new features and give you a stable working website. Now is the best time to expand your website and add the new members section.
We recommend that you upgrade your website to Drupal 6. This means that we will build a new website for you in Drupal 6. The new website will be very secure and stable. Your old website software is no longer supported and will most likely keep breaking down.
Drupal 7 is expected to be released late this summer. After that happens, Drupal 5 will no longer be supported. This means that no Drupal 5 modules will be updated or no more security updates will be available for Drupal 5.
Please contact us to help you transition to a stable secure version of Drupal.
After your site is launched, we take care of your website so that it stays up and running smoothly. If your website goes down for any reason, our staff will get on the phone with the tech support people at our web hosting company and work with them to get your site up and running as soon as possible. The time we spend fixing your web hosting problems is included free of charge as part of your website hosting plan.
2. If you go choose to go with another web hosting company, you are responsible for supplying us with full access to your web host panel. We will upload your new website files to your web host account free of charge and set up your site for you. However, you are responsible for setting up your email addresses and also for pointing your domain to your new web host account. Let us know if you need help with this. We provide this service for a setup fee of $60.00 CAD.
After your website is launched. and your site goes down, you can call your Web Designer, Katy, to fix the problem for you. We have Express support services within 24 hours available at $100.00 per hour.
3. In the web hosting industry, what you are paying for is the level of support. If you go with a less expensive web host, you will find their level of support limited. With our managed web hosting services, we manage your website for you. It makes sense to have the person who designed and built your website to also take care of web hosting since we can fix the problems as quickly as possible.
4. We provide quotes for hosting your website starting at $25.00 per month. Get 2 months free when you sign up for a yearly subscription. Contact us for more information.
1. Get inbound links on related sites
Find websites related to your industry that are not direct competitors that would like to link to your website. Look for websites that have a Google Page Rank of 3 or above. Use your keyword phrase in the link text for these links. For example, one of my clients is ChinookRafting.com. They could approach the company that supplies their whitewater rafting boats and ask to exchange links. Then both companies can benefit from the resulting traffic.
I'm looking forward to attending DrupalCon San Francisco, April 19-21
Keynote: "The State of Drupal" 1:30pm, Monday, April 19th
Dries Buytaert will give his bi-annual State of Drupal talk in the beginning of DrupalCon SF, where he'll discuss where Drupal is and where it is going. In particular, he'll discuss Drupal 7, usability, the Drupal.org redesign, and other developments to Drupal.
More info: http://sf2010.drupal.org/
Don't Let Identity Theft Happen to you, your family or your business!
Join us at the Coast Hotel and Convention centre,
20393 Fraser Hwy, LANGLEY, BC
Thursday, April 22nd, 2010
Doors open at 6:30 pm for a 7:00 pm start (precisely)
Admission is free - Please go to http://www.itcanthappentome.ca to register for free