- Toyna Chin, San Francisco, CA
Top 5 Ways to Improve your Website and Make it Mobile-friendly
Surfing the web with mobile devices is no longer just a growing trend – it's a business reality. As tens of millions of smartphones are sold each month, experts predict that more than half of all Internet usage will come from phones and tablets in the next 18 months.
This means that mobile web users are not just a small part of your customer base, but possibly the biggest part of it. With that in mind, here are five ways to make your business website mobile-friendly:
1. Ask your web developer for a mobile-friendly website design. Designing for smaller layouts that are used in mobile devices is a special skill. Be sure to ask your web developer if he/she has experience in designing and building mobile-friendly websites. Ask to see samples of websites they have designed and built with mobile devices in mind.
2. Use Tweet Adder to schedule your tweets for every day of the week. You can write down 12 - 24 tweets in a separate file and upload it to Tweet Adder. The software will then automatically send out your written tweets every hour.
Here is an excellent strategy to improve your ranking in Google, Yahoo and Bing, the top 3 search engines. I recently wrote this article while writing a proposal for a prospect. They asked Seascape Web Design to help them improve their search engine rankings and to increase traffic to their Drupal website.
What's your online strategy? Contact Katy for your own custom strategy to rock your Google ranking.
1. Preliminary report to determine where you rank for specific keywords is included in this proposal. We perform tests to determine how many sites link back to you. These are called backlinks or link popularity. We also test how many of your website pages are indexed by the top 3 search engines, Google, Yahoo, Bing.
1. Drupal enables you to manage your own website content. Instead of having to hire a web designer to manually edit the HTML for each page and menu item, you can easily add new pages and edit all current content. This helps you save time and money by managing your website content yourself.
2. Drupal separates the site graphics design from the site structure. The site design is called a theme and can easily be changed to another theme by configuring some settings. This makes it cost effective when it comes to redesigning your website look and feel. Instead of having to re-code the entire site with HTML or PHP and CSS, you can change to a new theme without modifying the underlying site structure or code.
Article marketing is becoming increasingly popular on the Internet. Instead of reading ads that pushy or in your face, consumers are more likely to read informational how-to articles. Instead of writing why you’re the best real estate person in all of Vancouver, you can write an article on “How to Buy a House in Vancouver” and discuss the general process while giving good tips and free advice.
At the end of every article you get to add your information about you and your business to close the article. This personal closing encourages readers to click on the link to visit your website to learn more about you and your business.
Have you Planned your Online Marketing Strategy for 2011? Contact Katy for free 30 minute Skype consultation. Only 5 slots available.
Here are some helpful tips to promote your business online using social media and Facebook pages. Please Like our Facebook page.
Have you Planned your Social Media Strategy for 2011? Contact Katy for free 30 minute Skype consultation. Only 5 slots available.
1. Tweet regularly every day at least 6 tweets and space them throughout the day. I do this using a tool called Hootsuite. Then when I have time during the day, I can spend time listening to other’s tweets and answering questions and sending tweets to indivuals and having a conversation.
2. Put your Facebook page URL on your Email Signature. One of the best ways to drive traffic to your Facebook page is to add the URL to your email signature. Also add links to your Facebook page to your Newsletters, Twitter pages, Skype statuses, and your home page.Read 10 Tips for Using Social Media and Facebook Pages
1. Create Fresh content so people will like to visit your Fan page. One of the best ways to do this is to import your blog content into your Fan page. Simply RSS provides an easy way to add feeds to your profile. Now you can easily share your blog, favourite feeds and shared items in Google Reader on your fan page.
Sorry this is being released a little bit late. Better late than never, right? Enjoy your FREE issue of monthly Internet Marketing Tips. Here is our September 2010 newsletter:
With over 500 million users on Facebook, it makes sense to have a Page on Facebook.com for your business. They are also important because they show up high in the search engine results. And you can also get an unlimited number of “fans” for your Facebook Page, unlike your regular Facebook profile which has a maximum of 5,000 friends.
Here's how to create a Facebook page for your company:
1. First you need to sign up for a personal account.
2. Now you can add a Facebook Page to promote your Business on Facebook.com
1. Use Hootsuite.com to schedule your tweets throughout the day. Some people (like me) send tweets when they have the time and end up sending a bunch at one time. But I’ve learned it’s much better to schedule your tweets using a tool like Hootsuite and send 5 or 6 tweets throughout the day. You’ll have more Klout.
2. Klout is a measure of your influence in the Twittersphere. I noticed that Twitter users with more followers than followees had higher Klout scores. Some people will follow a whole bunch of people just to get them to follow them back. This is not the best strategy. The best thing to do is to follow people you are interested in following and who are important in your industry.